Special conference rates for a limited number of rooms at two hotels have been negotiated. They are both located within a 20-minute subway ride from Columbia University and 15-minute walk, 5-minute cab ride to the Plaza Hotel, where the awards banquet will be held.
The deadline for reserving rooms at the Empire Hotel, and the Hudson Hotel with the conference rates is April 24, 2020, by 5:00 pm EST.
44 West 63rd Street
New York, NY 10023
- Standard Queen: $199/night (1 queen bed; maximum 2 people)
- Superior Double: $229/night (2 double beds; recommend maximum 2 people)
The rate includes complimentary premium wi-fi, waived residence fee ($19.95/night), and complimentary access to 24 hour fitness center and business center.
To reserve a room at this hotel, you may either, call 1-855-265-7400 and request the EMI rate, or book online by using the button below.
358 West 58th Street
New York, NY 10019
- Standard Room – 1bed, queen bed (144-167 sqft) $ 165.00 for single or double
Upon Request (702)-577-2830
- Superior Room, queen bed, (170 sqft; upon request): $190/night/single or double
- Deluxe Room, queen bed, some king beds, (200-220 sqft): $220/night/single or double
- Deluxe Double Double, 2 queen beds, (306-350 sqft,): $248/night/single or double
The rate includes complimentary wi-fi in guest rooms, complimentary access to onsite gym, and waived facility fee.
To reserve a room at this hotel, you may either call 1-702-577-2830 or 1-800-606-6090; request Hudson Hotel and the EMI 2020 rate, or book online by using the button below.
For your convenience, also see the:
Airports (distance from Columbia University)
- LaGuardia Airport (8.7 miles)
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (18 miles)
- Newark Liberty International Airport (25 miles)
Getting Around New York City
To find the best route to the conference using the New York Subway, please refer to the MTA Subway map (PDF).
Learn more about transportation options in New York City.